Pages

Saturday 23 November 2013

Encountering Crabbit



   I've said this before, but in Edinburgh, we have so many terrific green spaces where we can walk our dogs.  And unlike many places, there isn't a lot of hostility to dogs who aren't on the lead.  Even people who don't like dogs are, for the most part, quite tolerant of them.
   I encountered an exception yesterday.  Lucky and I were in Hollyrood Park when a woman, not even on our path, demanded that I put Lucky on the lead.  To help you understand how clearly ridiculous this demand was, this is a photo of where we were.





She shouted across the valley "Can you put your dog on the lead?"  I shouted back "No."  Her- "I beg your pardon?"  Me- "So you should."
   I'm usually pretty easy going, but I have no patience for this nonsense.  Lucky was nowhere near her, and if she's really that afraid of dogs, she should stick to city streets.  This is a public park where dogs are allowed to run free; anyone who doesn't like it should stay out.  I'm not prepared to have my beautiful, kind boy confined to a lead to sooth someone's phobia.  Be willing to share the world; if you're not, you should stay at home.
   We were back today without incident.  The views from the top were jaw-dropping.















   And at twilight, Lucky, who is the most ravishing colour as I'm sure you've noticed, seems to turn an even deeper shade of red.  Even I, with my love for Lucky and clear understanding of his handsomeness, was taken aback.  I'm sure you'll agree; how could you not?












No comments:

Post a Comment