Pages

Thursday 25 September 2014

The Hills


   I've said this before, but Holyrood Park here in town is the best place to walk dogs I've ever come across.  It's around the corner from our house, but it's a pretty major hill to climb, with paths going off in all different directions.  The views are stunning, and I'm never bored by our walks there.
   Today, Lucky and I took the route which we refer to as 'the steep path', which we've never attempted before.  I found it difficult, to say the least.  Lucky, not so much.  He puts me to shame with his high energy and fitness levels.
   Once at the top, we took the long way home, following the paths to the Willowbrae side of the park.  This walk lasts 2 hours, and we do some variation on it 3-5 times a week.  And with every step, I am conscious of what thoroughly excellent company my lovely boy is.





No comments:

Post a Comment